3 Household Hacks To Clean Curtain Brown Stains
Your curtains are mainly known to enhance the beauty of your house. If the curtains are not cleaned regularly they might get damaged permanently. Generally, curtains absorb a lot of cigarette smoke and other dirt too which can result in the formation of brown stains and cause fading of the curtains. Cleaning these stains can be a tough job. You can use homemade remedies to get rid of the brown stains and other dirt too. For detailed information on household hacks to clean curtain brown stains, read the blog thoroughly.
1. Steam Cleaning Your Curtains- Steam cleaning is a very effective process that is used for removing stains from the curtains. This is a natural technique that doesn’t require any chemicals to get the curtains cleaned. The benefit of steam cleaning is that it is very safe and can be done by everyone at home. This is one of the household hacks to clean curtain brown stains.
- Step 1- Remove The Dirt- Before starting your steam cleaning service it is important for you to remove the dirt from the curtains. You can either vacuum it or use a broom for dusting the curtains thoroughly. Vacuum all the parts of the curtain thoroughly.
- Step 2- Steam The Curtains- Once the dirt is removed you can steam the curtains using high-pressure steam. This process uses hot water to get rid of the stains from it. Steam the curtains until all the stains and dirt are eliminated properly.
- Step 3- Dry The Curtains- Once your curtains are steamed properly it is important to dry the curtains thoroughly. You can use a hair dryer or place your curtains in the sunlight.
2. Baking Soda And Dish Soap Solution For Brown Stain Removal– This is another great household hack to clean brown stains as well as provide a great smell as well. Baking soda is known as one of the best homemade solutions for cleaning all types of stains.
- Step 1- Vacuuming The Curtains- This is the most important step in cleaning the curtains. You need to properly vacuum all the parts of the curtains to get rid of the dirt from the curtains. This will help in making the cleaning process easy.
- Step 2- Prepare The Solution- To prepare the cleaning solution you must fill a bathtub with warm water, dish soap and a decent amount of baking soda. Thoroughly mix it in the bathtub.
- Step 3- Soak The Curtains- All you need to do is soak the curtains in the solution for around an hour and then lay them flat on a clean surface to dry them.
- Step 4- Use A Damp Cloth To Remove Stains- Although this is not required in most cases if you find any stains even after cleaning the curtains thoroughly, you can use a damp cloth to remove the stains. Gently dab on the stains using a damp cloth.
3. Vinegar And Baking Soda For Stain Removal And Deodorising- This is the third and the most effective household hack to clean curtain brown stains. Vinegar has the properties to get rid of almost all kinds of stains from the curtains and it is also used to remove bad odour from the curtains.
- Step 1- Vacuuming The Curtains- This is a common step you must follow before cleaning the curtains. Use a handheld vacuum cleaner and get rid of the excess dirt and germs from the curtains.
- Step 2- Prepare The Solution- The vinegar and baking soda solution can remove all kinds of stains. You should mix two parts of baking soda with one part of vinegar and mix it thoroughly. You can even add a few drops of essential oil to get rid of the bad odour and get a good essence from the curtains. Using essential oil is also one of the important household hacks to clean curtain brown stains.
- Step 3- Clean The Curtains- Once the solution is prepared you can use a brush and rub it gently over the stains. You must make sure to cover all the brown stains and other spots with the brush.
- Step 4- Spray Warm Water And Essential Oil Solution- To get a good odour and rinse the curtains properly, you have to rinse the curtains properly. You can use a mixture of warm water and essential oil and spray them all over the curtain.
- Step 5- Air Dry The Curtains- Once your curtains are properly cleaned you can lay the curtains under a fan or under the sunlight until it gets dried up.
Hire Professionals- Save Curtains From Brown Stains
Even though there are many household hacks to clean curtain brown stains, professional cleaning is very essential. Professional cleaning makes sure that the curtains are thoroughly cleaned without any damage.
The professional cleaning team of Captain curtain cleaning Adelaide is one of the best cleaning teams in Adelaide. We are well equipped with the best tools and have all the experience to get rid of all stains and clean the curtains effectively.