Curtain Steam Cleaning vs Dry Cleaning: 5 Reasons Why Steam Cleaning is Best
Curtains can catch various stains and dust particles due to many reasons. And there are several ways to clean the stains from the curtains and every stain and type of curtain requires a different way to remove the stains. Curtain steam cleaning is a modern way of cleaning curtains. Another method is dry cleaning. The most common type of confusion people have is between curtain steam cleaning vs dry cleaning. Many people often get confused about this question. Although both the cleaning methods have different benefits and prices as well. Read on to know about curtain steam cleaning vs dry cleaning.
Difference Between Curtain Steam Cleaning Vs Dry Cleaning
Curtain Steam Cleaning-
This cleaning is also known as hot water extraction. Steam is used in this type of cleaning method. This is an effective method for removing tough stains from the curtains. Curtain steam cleaning can be considered a natural method because it is very safe and effective when compared to other cleaning methods.
Steps Of Curtain Steam Cleaning-
Step 1- Curtains are vacuumed to remove the dust and debris from the curtains.
Step 2- Many types of stain removal products are used after the curtains are vacuumed. This helps in getting rid of all types of stubborn stains.
Step 3- A chemical spray is used to treat the high traffic area and later hot water is injected into the curtains at high pressure.
Step 4- Extract the hot water from the curtains. Once the hot water is extracted from the fabric it is again air dried using a dryer.
Curtain Dry Cleaning-
Dry cleaning of curtains can be done using the dry cleaning chemicals. This is also an effective curtain cleaning method. In this method, no water or less amount of water is used for cleaning the curtains.
Steps For Curtain Dry Cleaning-
Step 1- Vacuuming is done to remove the excess dirt from the curtains. This is helpful in cleaning the stains easily.
Step 2- Once the excess dirt is removed dry cleaning powder is spread all over the stained area so it can absorb all the stains and germs from the curtains. A little amount of liquid is also used in this method but not as much as the steam cleaning method. This is one of the differences between curtain steam cleaning vs dry cleaning.
Step 3- Once again a vacuum cleaner is used to absorb all the dry cleaning powder from the curtains.
Pros And Cons Of Curtain Steam Cleaning And Dry Cleaning-
Pros Of Curtain Steam Cleaning-
- This is the most commonly used and recommended curtain cleaning method. Even manufacturers recommend using this cleaning method.
- There are no harsh chemicals used in this cleaning method.
- It removes deep-down stains, dirt, grime, and dust from the curtains. It also kills bacteria, mites and allergens from the curtains.
- It is also useful in removing moulds and bad odours naturally.
- It gives a completely new look to the curtains if you get them cleaned by professionals.
Cons Of Curtain Steam Cleaning-
- It takes longer to dry than the dry curtain cleaning method. It will take a full day to dry the curtains after steam cleaning them.
- It has a higher price than other curtain cleaning services.
Pros Of Curtain Dry Cleaning-
- This can be used in high-traffic areas such as hostels, offices etc.
- This method takes very less amount of time to dry when compared to other cleaning methods.
- It is an easy process and the steps don’t take long to be completed.
Cons Of Curtain Dry Cleaning-
- It is not as effective as steam cleaning in removing stubborn stains.
- This process uses chemicals and mixtures that can cause allergies and infections in humans.
How To Choose Between Curtain Steam Cleaning Vs Dry Cleaning?
This is also one of the basic doubts people have in their minds about what and how to choose between curtain steam and cleaning and dry cleaning. This depends on many factors such as the type of stains, prices and also the fabric of the curtains. You can take expert advice before booking the type of cleaning service. If you are looking for some basic stain removal or quick cleaning service you can go with dry cleaning or if you are looking to get rid of stubborn stains you should opt for steam cleaning services. This is one of the ways to choose between curtain steam cleaning vs dry cleaning services.
Book Professional Cleaning Services- Save Your Curtains
Professional cleaning is very important. Get your curtains cleaned on a regular basis. You can hire the best cleaners at Captain Curtain Cleaning Adelaide. We are experienced to provide the best cleaning services anywhere across Adelaide.